Concrete Maintenance - CEMEX UAE ReadyMix
Care for your fresh concrete
Always remember about the proper care of the fresh concrete to protect it from water loss (sunlight and wind) and elevated temperatures.
To achieve the best concrete in construction, it is not enough to specify a suitable concrete mix. It is necessary to care for the fresh concrete, especially in the beginning to prevent it from stiffening. Improper care or lack of it will reduce the quality and durability of concrete and consequently, the whole structure.
Care should be provided to fresh concrete to protect it against:
- Very cold and hot temperatures
- Low humidity
- Intense precipitation (when concrete is still plastic)
Concrete Care in summer
Care concrete in summer is mainly focus on moisture care, which aims to protect it against water loss because of the evaporation from the surface of the element.
The followings ways are recommended to care for concrete in summer:
- Appropriate specification of ingredients and composition of concrete mix (eg. using chemical admixtures, retarding of concrete).
- Water Care - spraying the concrete surface with water spray to keep the concrete temperature low.
- Laying on the concrete surface wet mat and to protect them from drying out.
- Covering the surface of the wet concrete with construction films, which should be fastened at the edges and joints.